1935: Charles F. Wagner, an architecture graduate from the Georgia Institute of Technology, moved to Accokeek and rented from the Fergusons.
1946: After serving in the Navy during World War II, Wagner and his wife Nancy designed and constructed their first home — a modern home — in the community on land purchased from the Fergusons. Wagner went on to design more than 18 modern homes in the community from 1946 to 1977.
1947: Charles M. Goodman designed the second modern home in the community for friends Robert and Lenore Straus as a wedding present.
2016: Wagner’s home is designated a historic site by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission.